Monday, April 8, 2013

what's rachel sewing today?

I've decided that winter is officially over her in Maine. For those who know, just because the calendar says "spring" doesn't mean mother nature is going to listen. We may still have snow on the ground here and there, but I'm convinced that no more is coming out of the sky. That means spring sewing!

I had brought home a couple of really cool black and white prints from the clearance rack, and then read that it's a big trend for spring. Huzzah! I'm ahead of the trend! 


So today I picked up Butterick 5885 by Maggy London and knew it would be perfect for this knit print! (ps. Buttericks are on sale at there website if you want a copy.) I did switch out the skirt for a simple circle skirt from another pattern. I've got the front together with little issues. The only weird part is it seems to be telling me to feed elastic into the waist, that measures TWO TIMES my waist measurement  That does not make since to me, and I couldn't find any answers on the webs. I may just leave the elastic out for now until the dress is finished and insert it later if I need to, or maybe half if. If anyone has done this pattern advice is welcome! Until later!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just discovered your blog and I think it's great! I've nominated you for a Liebster award so if you like you can answer the questions I've left on my blog and then pass the award on to 10 other bloggers you enjoy. Good luck with the spring sewing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Danielle! What an honor! I will be checking that out and thinking about who I'll pass it along to!

      Delete