Friday, July 31, 2015

bright new simplicity 2258 skirt

Back when this blog was brand new and I was just starting to sew my own clothes, I made a teal, denim skirt using Simplicity 2258. I LOVE that skirt! Even with my just-developing sewing skills, that skirt came out great and I continue to wear it often, because this pattern is drafted so well, fits great, looks good, and is very quick and easy to sew. Ever since, I've been saying I'll sew another, and finally I did:


Despite a little bit of weight gain in those years, my original skirt still fits nicely so I sewed up the same size as before. I used a beautiful "linen look" print from Joann Fabric. The only change I made to the pattern was to take the hemline up about a 1/2" in the front, to even out the hem all around (due to my little booty).

This fabric has more drape than my original denim, making my pretty bow a bit "floppier." I may end up wearing the bow pieces as just a simple side-tie instead.




My favorite feature are the big pockets!


Here's a peek inside. I finished my seams and pockets with the serger, and double-folded than machined-stitched the hem.


And the best part is, I can wear this with just about any color top! Guess I'll need to be making some more Scout Tees...

No comments:

Post a Comment