Monday, July 6, 2015

scout tee success!

Who would have thought that a woven t-shirt with NO dart shaping would look this good?!?!?!

Sorry for the lame bathroom mirror selfie... you do what you gatta do!

I'm totally diggin' the Grainline Scout Tee. My mom bought the pattern for herself, loved it, and sent a copy to me (yay thanks mom!). It sews up super easy, the hardest part being self bias binding for the neck facing... which came out pretty well is I do say so!


I just sewed up the seams on my regular machine, then finished them on my serger (I prefer this to just doing the seams with the serger...  maybe because I'm not always on good speaking terms with that machine). The bottom was finished with a simple narrow hem, and the sleeves were serged than turned over once to hem... and that's it! 

I love the A-line shape, especially in this drapy rayon, which you may have seen here before. I've already picked out some more fabric for another, and would love to do a version in an ivory cotton/silk, or maybe extend to an a-line t-dress.... so very much a fan of this pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment