Wednesday, July 29, 2015

inside a tilly and the buttons printed pattern

Hello again! I've been sewing up a bunch of fun new things to wear and promise to have them photographed and posted soon, but in the meantime I wanted to share a Tilly and the Buttons printed pattern, for anyone who hasn't purchased one before! (Like me, until just the other day!)

I ordered both of her new patterns, FIFI and BETTINE. Tilly's whole brand is designed around garment patterns your can use to learn to sew your own clothes. The Bettine seems especially straight forward and a great beginner dress, but let's open up Fifi to see what you are really getting when you order one of her printed patterns!

The envelope is a nice, heavy paper, with all the details you'd expect on the back. The flap is held in place by a resealable sticky patch.



The sides expand out, which I suspect will come in handy when trying to cram all the pieces back inside later. (Who's ruined a big 4 envelope by trying to put the pieces back inside?)


Inside we get a full-color booklet on heavy paper, with both written and visual instructions as well as other handy tips for making your pattern, especially for a beginner who might not be used to sewing jargon or techniques.




And of course, the pattern! These are also printed on really heavy paper! I will choose to trace mine, and these will stand up to a lot of wear.


I'm very pleased with my purchase, even having to ship it from the U.K. Tilly has put a lot of thought into creating a high-value package here that seams easy to use and will stand up to a lot of use. I'm sold! Can't wait to make something and show you!




No comments:

Post a Comment