Thursday, January 9, 2014

thoughts on sew-a-longs?

Hey readers! So I've seen a few of my favorite bloggers post that they will be participating in the By Hand London Georgia Dress Sew-a-long, and I'm thinking about doing the same. I've had challenges with fitted woven dresses, particularly in fitting woven dresses. Maybe it would be super helpful to have the pattern designer step-by-step me (and many others) through every step of the process, from fabric selections to alterations and finishing touches. And it would also force me to slow down in my construction.

Georgia Dress Sewalong - <strong>By Hand London</strong>

So what are your thoughts on sew-alongs? Have you ever done one? Will you be doing this one?

2 comments:

  1. I've never done a sew a long, mainly because I sew in bursts and could never keep the pace going with the group. But I do see how it would be helpful if you had a fitting issue that needed solving

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep going back and forth... But I think I may do it for exactly that reason.

      Delete