Tuesday, September 10, 2013

fall fashion on pinterest


September in Maine means sweaters and hot tea one minute, tank tops and flip flops the next. I'm not ready to give up my summer outfits for good, but it has got me thinking about what to sew for fall. One thing I love about living in a temperate climate is that I get to completely change up my look every few months, and by the end of one season I'm ready for a change. I've started a pinterest board to start thinking about to make to complete my fall 2013 look.


So far I'm seeing black, brown and ivory layered with summer florals. I'm trying to think about making items that will go with lots of other pieces, things I will reach for over and over again, like my grey, fold-over waistband maxi skirt this summer... "cake" if you will. Right now my make list includes a slim ivory skirt to dress up or down, a fabulous black maxidress like this fabulous, silk, Sewaholic Saltspring by Reves Mecanique seen here: http://revesmecanique.blogspot.nl/2013/09/silk-saltspring-maxi-dress-i-love-you.html, and another cotton gathered skirt using Gertie's tutorial, in a soft floral. I've also added a coat to my board, so I can start thinking about that before it gets too cold!

What are you planning for fall sewing?

No comments:

Post a Comment