Wednesday, May 13, 2015

i made a skirt!



Hello all! I've finally made something for me! And it was a success! I needed a sewing "win" to boost my confidence and get me excited to do some selfish sewing this summer, now that I'm off from work for a few month (as I'm working at the University of Southern Maine). I saw this recent Simplicity pattern and thought it would be perfectly comfy and chic, especially for an upcoming overseas trip:
AND it was on sale for 99 cents at Joann Fabrics. AND they had a super pretty wildflower-print knit on sale for 50% off. AND I had money left on a gift card from my birthday. So that equals:








It's obviously much longer on me than the envelope model, but for this version I don't mind. It wears more like a subtle hi-low maxi-skirt, and you know I love a maxi-skirt! The knit was all kinds of wobbly when cutting and sewing, but also held a nice press when doing the curved hem line. So win some, lose some. It feels lovely to wear, and the 1.5" waistband is very comfortable... and it only took a few hours to complete! I will totally make this pattern again! Plus, I have enough fabric left over to maybe try to make some underthings... Overall, feeling very positive about sewing and making some more time to sew for me again this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Well, that's a definite sewing win! Really lovely - it makes me a bit wistful for warmer weather...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's funny for me, too, sitting here sweating in shorts and a tank while reading about all the winter sewing happening in the southern hemisphere.

      Delete