I used a PDF pattern by GreenStyle Creations called the Taylor Shorts, and some fun, bottom-weight fabric from the Joann's clearance rack with just a tiny bit of stretch. The pattern was purchased through a Bundle Up Sale hosted by Pattern Revolution. It was very easy to print and tape together, and the whole thing took an afternoon to make from pattern-printing to wearing!
I made a size 4 with the 2" inseam with no pattern alterations.... and they fit! Even in the butt! The only thing I would change next time is to take out probably an inch and a half from the front rise, but for this pair it's no big deal.
|I ALMOST had the pattern matched perfectly!|
The fly instructions seemed very clear... until I realized I had sewn everything only to one side of the opening... so they wouldn't close. I started to wing it at that point and ended up sewing the whole thing to both sides... so then it couldn't open! Third time I got it, and overall with very little unpicking. I used a couple of flap trouser hooks-and-eyes and a recycled zipper taken from the ankle opening of a pair of pants I shortened.