Tuesday, January 8, 2013

way too easy...

Way too easy to see, like, click, and buy online! I have been pining over this Day After Day dress on ModCloth.com for so long, and today it came back into stock in my size. Great! I have a refund coming through in a couple days for a pair of shoes that didn't fit and a dress (gift) that just looked terrible! I add it to my wishlist and see, "Only 1 Left!"  There is no way it will still be available Friday when my store credit comes in. So I hem and haw for a half hour, then I buy it! FOR $100!!!! I'v never paid that much for clothing, except my wedding dress and a prom dress! It's just too easy to make that decision, and all your info is saved so you don't even need to type in your address or dig out your credit card. And then I find this:


I so could have made this dress for way less! Take a look at this Butterick pattern as it's really cute (minus the big ugly sleeves. But you could turn them into cute little cap sleeves.) I would have never picked out out that pattern on my own. Maybe Butterick should consider restyling the pictures on the envelope...

At least it's just as easy to return at ModCloth. Chances are though, if I try it on and love it, I'm going to keep it. Then maybe I'll buy this pattern and make myself another in a different print. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment